5 Best Comedies That Make You Think about Your Situation at Work
It’s important to maintain a sense of humor to get through the day.
It’s possible that you love your job, or on the verge of leaving it – it’s still great to laugh out loud once in a while.
Grab a glass of wine or maybe a bottle of beer before you start watching. These five funny workplace movies will surely make you laugh until your stomach hurts.
1. Office Space (1999): is a legendary movie about a man who has had enough of the office work environment. It’s amazing that after almost two decades, the film is still relevant to all of us experiencing frustrations at the workplace.
Although you will be thankful for improved technology in your current work environment, you can relate to the frustration the characters felt whenever an office machine did not work when needed. You’ll definitely feel weird satisfaction seeing the office printer beaten with a bat.
2. The Devil Wears Prada (2006): You will definitely relate to this movie if you have ever had a boss that was impossible to please. Watching Anne Hathaway get tortured by her fashion magazine boss played by Meryl Street will make you cringe.
All of us can relate to the awkward boss-employee situation minus the fashionable office digs the film had.
3. Horrible Bosses (2011) is a movie that talks about, well, what else, horrible bosses. We all know you don’t have to work in an office to experience what a horrible boss can do.
We definitely don’t recommend taking matters into your own hands, no matter how bad the situation at work is. This movie is also a gentle reminder that not all bosses are that horrible.
4. Released in 2009, The Proposal is a workplace comedy which is also a romantic comedy.
Ryan Reynolds had to endure daily struggles with his awful female boss portrayed by Sandra Bullock. We sometimes think egocentric bosses are usually male but in this movie Bullock plays the difficult boss that ruins Reynolds’ career moves.
5. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004): This movie takes place in a newsroom, and Ron Burgundy shows us how not to behave in a work environment.
The best way to describe Ron Burgundy is that he’s a bully and a sexist. The movie is definitely hilarious, although we hope nothing like it happens in today’s professional environment.
Laughter is a good remedy for those suffering from terrible workplace situations – thanks to funny workplace movies. This site will give you a list of other movies that can help dissolve stress at the end of the day.